Sell your house fast with a realtor in Sterling?
Austin Harley Group
Are you thinking to yourself, how do you sell your house fast with a realtor? Because listing with a realtor can be a hassle right? You have to go through showings, repairs, and pay a lot of money to commissions right? Well the industry has tainted a lot of what a realtor does. Even according to NVAR in 2019 here the average days on market was 39 as of March 2019 in the Sterling area alone. So how do you get around the waiting 39 days to sell your house on the market fast with a realtor? Here are the top 3 ways to guarantee you sell your house fast with a realtor in Sterling.
#1. Prepping your house for the market before listing with a realtor
The reason you’re hiring a realtor to sell your house fast is for their knowledge and access to the MLS. So take advantage of their expertise if you want to sell your house fast with a realtor…and prep the house on the market the correct way. What’s the correct way to prep your house? Here’s a short list to have your main focus on:
- Repair anything that is obviously broken.
- Deep clean carpets, couches, walls, windows, and furniture.
- Organize and condense personal belongings into moving boxes.
Most of these things can be done for free or for very little money and can make the difference between buyers wanting to put an offer and not. If you have any specific questions about how to prep your house for the market, you can contact the Austin Harley Group here or learn how to sell your house fast with our realtors.
#2. Pricing your house correctly to sell fast with a realtor
Now I’m not going to sit here and tell you to under price your house because that’s obviously going to help you sell your house fast with a realtor. But pricing your house correctly with your real estate agent can be the difference between sitting on the market for 39 days and 3 days. So here are some guidelines for you to follow:
- Look at comps that are currently active (your competition) and try to justify pricing slightly below. If possible take your agent with you to tour those properties to see in person how the house stacks up against yours.
- Understand what buyer’s care about in your neighborhood. For example, if your the only comparables that has a 1 car garage, that might not mean that your house is worth 20K more because maybe the buyer demand wants a larger house in place of the garage…think this through and understand your market.
- Don’t show the market too much of your house…what I mean by this is, don’t show buyers 100 photos of your house, just show these sneak previews of the selling points and get them to schedule a showing. The more traffic you have, the more chances of an offer.
#3. Promote your house with a strong coming soon campaign
Now you may not have access to this, but if you are paying an agent commission and they are not advertising or
premarketing your house, then they are not doing you right. Advertising your house before it hits the market is a great way to build up the anticipation of the sale to attract buyers to a “off market” opportunity especially if there is a lot of competition in your area. Some places your house should be listed coming soon include, Zillow.com, Redfin.com, Facebook.com, local MLS, Google.com, single property website, and all of these sources should be advertised. you want the most views possible of your house.
On the flip side of this, if you follow all 3 of these steps correctly, you may attract an unrepresented buyer. Which if you do, is saving you the buyer commission that you we’re going to spend. Our team has done this over 5 times in 2019 in Sterling saved our clients over $60,000 in commissions.
That is how to sell your house fast with a realtor. These strategies are general concepts, if you would like
professional guidance to sell your house fast on the market with a realtor, visit us online or call us directly…703-495-2990. The Austin Harley Group serves in the Northern Virginia and Maryland area and we are no hassle realtors to help you sell your house fast with a realtor Sterling
Cheers, and we’ll talk soon!